Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Next up: the ET midnight marathon

The adventure continues!

On Friday evening at 7pm, I'll hop on a plane with my full body green frog suit (which will soon become an alien suit) to head to Vegas to meet some old buddies from the Ioffe (the ship we were on in Antarctica in 2007) to run the ET midnight marathon. I'm so excited about this! I've been wanting to do this race since I first heard about it. It's going to be great in many ways. Here are a few

- meeting up with old friends.
- I've recruited some friends from work to go as well.
- meeting up with these crazy friends in VEGAS!!
- running a marathon....correction, a 51K with them.
- running a 51K that starts at midnight!
- running a 51K that starts at some mysterious black mailbox at Area 51 in the middle of the desert in Nevada!

To recap, I'm dressing up in a silly costume to run a 51K with old friends in the middle of the desert where the highest number of alien sightings has taken place.

Seriously folks. This could be the adventure of a lifetime! Yes, I got to go to Iraq, and that was an unbelievable adventure, but getting abducted by aliens? SERIOUSLY! That would be something to write home about. I wonder how much it costs to mail a postcard from outerspace??!



(excuse the sweaty view....I was running a half marathon when this picture was taken!)

No comments:

Post a Comment