Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Time to go home.

4am, up and at ‘em. I had the typical post race/early flight interrupted night’s sleep, but managed to get a few good winks in. Headed to the train, got on the bus and to the airport without incident. Bought my last minute food souvenirs (no, not bread….gummi bears and Toblerone!) and boarded my flight to Brussels. I stayed awake during the entire 3 legs of the trip, knowing that this would afford me a very good night’s sleep when I got home, hopefully putting me in a good position with the time zones before heading 3 more hours west to Vegas the next day. I had about 4 hours in the Chicago airport that turned in to 3 by the time I got through customs and passport control and got my bag rechecked. I took advantage of the in-terminal wifi and went through all my work e-mails, making me feel better about only having 4 hours in the office the next day.

I got home at 9pm, tired but satisfied. It had been a fantastic trip. Oh, did I mention that I e-mailed my friend Corey from the Chicago airport? He and his family are moving to Mumbai and they just happen to have a marathon in January….. Continent #5…coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment