Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I GOT MY ORDERS

I got my official military orders this morning and I've been having difficulty supressing the urge to whistle "We're in the Army Now" all day!

Less than a week until liftoff! I've got clothes laid out all over my room, lists, piles, and more lists and piles. I got stamps and cash yesterday. I called my primary care doc for a prescription to Ambian because I want to be able to sleep when it's time to sleep and function when I need to function, and I'd rather not take the chance on nature because I don't want to miss a minute of this! All the apparel and footwear have shipped to the staff, and everyone's thrilled with the uniform. We will look very sharp! I've been communicating with Zach and Christian from Catch Penny and they seem like super cool guys. This trip is going to be amazing on many many levels!

6 comments:

  1. You are a most remarkable gal and we look forward to following the blog daily!!

    Have a GREAT trip - sure you don;t need a porter for your gear? I can still make it!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, I will be following along! Much love, Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...we could start a "Where in the world is Anne Bonney?" thread on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing opportunity! Look forward to staying up-to-date on your adventures through this blog! Are you flying United to Kuwait? Just thought I'd mention that a certain cousin of yours is responsible for starting that route, in case you were wondering... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nana - Jim and I did the festival of Races today - Jim walking in your registration and name - they opted NOt to announce his crossingn the finish line when they looked at the name and his do-rag! He will ahve to tell you how he finished, but we missed you and waled in honor of your work there.

    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! WOW! WOW!

    Just spent 4 wonderful days with Gemma and Keira and I couldn't help but remember you at their ages. I've decided that your current extreme adventure comes as no great surprise. Savor another experience that will carry you far and memories that will make the trip all the sweeter. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete