Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dulles to Kuwait Non-Stop

I just found out that my cousin Andrew, in his infinate wisdom is the reason that my non-stop flight to Kuwait exists. In his time with United, he conceived the idea, and it turns out to be one of their most profitable flights. How cool and random is that!

Andrew is the cousin who wrote me a note that I've carried on a lot of my more challenging races; my first marathon, my second marathon, the ironman, my 50 miler, etc. He wrote it to me, probably without much thought when he sent me a donation for my fund raising that went along with my first marathon. When I opened the envelope and read the note, tears actually came to my eyes and I got all choked up. I don't know why, but it resonated with me very strongly, and still does today! It said

"GIVE 'EM HELL ANNIE!"

I still have the note to this day, and I think I'll take it with me to Iraq!
Thanks Andrew! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment